The XX Hit the Road
England’s promising indie band, the xx, is soon to kick off their tour across the U.S., promoting the release of their second album, Coexist.
These childhood friends -- Romy Madely Croft, Oliver Sim, and Jamie Smith-- grew up performing music together. According to The New York Times, the day the band’s second album was released in stores, the group members treated themselves by celebrating at McDonald’s. Big Macs were followed up with a visit to a tattoo parlor for some “xx” ink on their wrists.
Growing in popularity since releasing their first album in 2009, the group is active on social media channels. An online presence allows the band to reach out to their loyal fan base, as well as gain new followers every day. On Facebook, the band lists a variety of musical influences, varying significantly from Aaliyah and The Cure to the Chromatics and Metronomy and much more.
Starting on the West Coast and making its way east, the tour will consist of 16 dates, including stops at the following venues:
- October 6th - The Paramount Theatre :: Seattle, Washington
- October 10th - The Boulevard Pool at The Cosmopolitan :: Las Vegas, Nevada
- October 13th - The Hollywood Forever Cemetery :: Los Angeles, California
- October 25th - The House of Blues :: Boston, Massachusetts
- October 26th and 28th - The Paradise Theater :: Bronx, New York
- October 30 - The Rams Head Live :: Baltimore, Maryland
Buy tickets, watch videos, and learn more about the xx here.